1996 No. 1230
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The A35 Trunk Road (Chideock Morcombelake Bypass) Order 1996
3rd May 1996
Coming into force
24th May 1996
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Order in exercise of powers conferred by sections 10 and 41 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:–.
1. This Order may be cited as the A35 Trunk Road (Chideock Morcombelake Bypass) Order 1996 and shall come into force on 24th May 1996.
2. In this Order:
(1) all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway;
(2) (i) “the main new road ” means the new highway which the Secretary of State proposes to construct along the route described in Schedule 1 to this Order;
(ii)“the new trunk road ”means the main new road;
(iii)“the plan ”means the plan numbered HA10/1/SWM/107 marked “The A35 Trunk Road (Chideock Morcombelake Bypass) Order 1996”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport and deposited at the Highways Agency, St Christopher House, Southwark Street, London SE1 0TE; and
3. The main new road shall become a trunk road from the date when this Order comes into force.
4. The centre line of each of the new trunk road is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
5. The Secretary of State directs as respects any part of a highway which crosses the route of any of the new trunk road that —
(a)where the highway is maintainable at the public expense by a local highway authority, the part in question shall be maintained by that authority, and
(b)where the highway is not so maintainable and is not maintainable under a special enactment or by reason of tenure, enclosure or prescription, the Secretary of State shall be under no duty to maintain the part in question,
until, in either case, a date to be specified in a notice given by the Secretary of State to the highway authority for that highway. The date specified will not be later than the date on which the relevant route is opened for traffic.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
D. W. Ward,
Director, Southern Operations Division Road Programme Directorate Highways Agency
3rd May 1996
SCHEDULE 1ROUTE OF THE MAIN NEW ROAD
The route of the main new road is about 7.03 kilometres in length, from a point on the A35 Trunk Road 280 metres east of its junction with Berne Lane (C87) at Catherston Leweston in the County of Dorset to a point approximately 310 metres east of the property known as West House, West Road, at Miles Cross.
1980 c. 66.