1996 No. 1340
The A501 Trunk Road (Marylebone Road/Park Crescent Mews West, Westminster) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1996
17th May 1996
Coming into force
28th May 1996
The Traffic Director for London, following a direction given to him by the Secretary of State for Transport under section 58(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1991(1) and in exercise of the powers conferred on the Secretary of State by section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(2), and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order:—
1. This Order may be cited as the A501 Trunk Road (Marylebone Road/Park Crescent Mews West, Westminster) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 1996 and shall come into force on the 28th May 1996.
2. This Order is made because the Traffic Director for London is satisfied that traffic in Marylebone Road, Westminster should be restricted because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near that road.
3. During the period starting at 08.00 hours on 28th May 1996 and ending when those works have been completed or at 08.00 hours on 28th August 1996, whichever is the earlier, subject to the provisions of article 4 below, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter or exit Marylebone Road at its junction with Park Crescent Mews West.
4.—(1) The provisions of article 3 above shall apply only during such times and to such extent as may from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
(2) The provisions specified in article 3 above shall not apply in respect of —
(i)any vehicle being used for the purpose of those works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purpose, or
(ii)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
5. During the period specified in article 3 above, the provisions of the Westminster (Waiting and Loading Restriction) Order 1976 are hereby suspended so far as they relate to Park Crescent Mews West.
Signed in accordance with a direction from the Secretary of State for Transport.
Traffic Director for London
17th May 1996
1991 c. 40.
1984 c. 27.