1996 No. 1390
The Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) (Amendment) Regulations 1996
28th May 1996
Laid before Parliament
30th May 1996
Coming into force
21st June 1996
The Secretary of State for Transport, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 71 of the Civil Aviation Act 1982(1) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf and after consultation with the Civil Aviation Authority as required by section 71(2) of that Act, hereby makes the following Regulations:
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) (Amendment) Regulations 1996 and shall come into force on 21st June 1996.
2. The Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) Regulations 1995(2) shall be amended as follows:
(1) For regulation 3(1)(a) there shall be substituted:
“(a)he is the operator of the relevant aircraft when the flight is made (in these Regulations called “an operator”);”.
(2) In regulation 4(5)(b) “first class” shall be omitted.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of Transport
28th May 1996
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations make the following changes to the Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) Regulations 1995 (“the Principal Regulations”):
(1) The phrase “an operator” has been amended so as to more closely match the enabling words in section 71 of the Civil Aviation Act 1982 (regulation 2(1));
(2) For the purposes of regulation 4 of the Principal Regulations (acceptance of payment and provision of receipt), where a relevant document may be sent by post it is no longer a requirement that first class post only is used (regulation 2(2)).
1982 c. 16; the expression “prescribed” is defined in section 105(1).