The Dolgellau to South of Birkenhead Trunk Road (A494) (Drws y Nant Improvement) Order 1996

Link to law: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1996/1437/made/data.htm?wrap=true
Published: 1996-05-30

Statutory Instruments
1996 No. 1437

HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
WALES
The Dolgellau to South of Birkenhead Trunk Road (A494) (Drws y Nant Improvement) Order 1996

Made
30th May 1996

Coming into force
27th June 1996

The Secretary of State for Wales makes this Order in exercise of powers conferred by section 10 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and of all other enabling powers:—

1.  The new highway which the Secretary of State proposes to construct along the route described in the Schedule to this Order shall become a trunk road as from the date when this Order comes into force.

2.  The centre line of the new trunk road is indicated by a heavy black line on the deposited plan.

3.  In this Order:—

all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway:

(i)“the deposited plan” means the plan numbered HA 10/2 WO 119 marked “The Dolgellau to South of Birkenhead Trunk Road (A494) (Drws y Nant Improvement) Order 1996” signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Wales and deposited at the Welsh Office Repository, Curran Embankment, Cardiff;

(ii)“the new trunk road” means the highway mentioned in Article 1 of this Order;

(iii)“the trunk road” means the existing Dolgellau to South of Birkenhead Trunk Road (A494).

4.  This Order shall come into force on 27th June 1996 and may be cited as the Dolgellau to South of Birkenhead Trunk Road (A494) (Drws y Nant Improvement) Order 1996.

Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Wales

D. M. Timlin
A Grade 6 Officer in the Welsh Office
30th May 1996

SCHEDULEROUTE OF THE NEW TRUNK ROAD

The route of the new trunk road is a route at Drws y Nant, Dolgellau in Gwynedd as follows:—
A route about 0.37 kilometres in length, starting at a point on the trunk road 374 metres southwest of Pont Drws y Nant and terminating at a point on the trunk road at the northwest corner of Pont Drws y Nant.

(1)
1980 c. 66.
Read Entire Law on www.legislation.gov.uk