1996 No. 1488
The Suckler Cow Premium (Amendment) Regulations 1996
30th May 1996
Laid before Parliament
10th June 1996
Coming into force
1st July 1996
The Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and the Secretary of State, being Ministers designated(1) for the purposes of subsection (2) of section 2 of the European Communities Act 1972(2) in relation to the common agricultural policy of the European Community, acting jointly in exercise of the powers conferred on them by that subsection and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf, hereby make the following Regulations:
Title, extent and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Suckler Cow Premium (Amendment) Regulations 1996, shall extend to Great Britain and shall come into force on 1st July 1996.
Amendment to the Suckler Cow Premium Regulations 1993
2. The Suckler Cow Premium Regulations 1993(3) shall be amended by the substitution (in paragraph (1) of regulation 3 (applications)) of “6th December” for “8th December”.
Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
30th May 1996
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Scottish Office
29th May 1996
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
1. These Regulations make a minor amendment to the Suckler Cow Premium Regulations 1993 (S.I. 1993/1441, as already amended by S.I. 1994/1528, S.I. 1995/15 and S.I. 1995/1446).
2. The amendment is that there is substituted a revised closing date for suckler cow premium applications (6th December) for the existing one (8th December).
3. The legal base for the payment of suckler cow premium continues to be Article 4d of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 805/68 (OJ No. L148, 28.6.68, p. 24 (OJ/SE 1968, vol. I, p. 187)). Article 4d was inserted by Council Regulation (EEC) No. 2066/92 (OJ No. L215, 30.7.92, p. 49).
4. No compliance cost assessment has been prepared.
1972 c. 68.
S.I. 1993/1441, amended by S.I. 1994/1528, S.I. 1995/15 and S.I. 1995/1446.