1996 No. 1538
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The M11 Motorway (Junction 5, Loughton, Essex, North Facing Slip Roads) Scheme 1996
10th June 1996
Coming into force
25th June 1996
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Scheme in exercise of powers conferred by sections 16, 17 and 19 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:
1. This Scheme may be cited as the M11 Motorway (Junction 5, Loughton, Essex, North Facing Slip Roads) Scheme 1996 and shall come into force on 25th June 1996.
2. In this Scheme:
(1) All measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway;
(2) (i) “slip road” means a special road along a route described in the Schedule to this Scheme;
(ii)“the M11” means the M11 Motorway at Loughton in the County of Essex;
(iii)“the plan” means the plan numbered HA16/1EC/60, marked “The M11 Motorway (Junction 5, Loughton, Essex, North Facing Slip Roads) Scheme 1996, signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport, and deposited at the Highways Agency, ASD, London Support Unit, Room 12/08, St. Christopher House, London SE1 0TE”;
(iv)“the side roads order” means the M11 Motorway (Junction 5, Loughton, Essex, North Facing Slip Roads) Side Roads Order 1996;
(v)“the special roads” means each slip road.
3. The Secretary of State is authorised to provide the special roads for the exclusive use of traffic in Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. The centre line of each of the special roads is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
5. Each of the special roads shall become a trunk road on the date when this Scheme comes into force.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
D E Oddy,
Director Motorways Operations Division Highways Agency Broadway, Broad Street, Birmingham B15 1BL
10th June 1996
THE SCHEDULEROUTES OF THE SLIP ROADS
The routes of the slip roads are as follows:
Junction with the northbound carriageway of the M11 at Junction 5 (on-slip road)
1. A route from a roundabout to be constructed by the Secretary of State pursuant to the side roads order on Langston Road (at its junction with the A1168 Chigwell Lane) to a point on the existing northbound carriageway of the M11 approximately 437 metres north east of the M11/River Roding overbridge, a distance of approximately 0.53 kilometres. This slip road is given the number 1 on the plan.
2. Junction with the southbound carriageway of the M11 at Junction 5 (off-slip road)
A route from a point on the southbound carriageway of the M11 approximately 445 metres north east of the centreline of the M11/River Roding overbridge to a roundabout to be constructed by the Secretary of State pursuant to the side roads order on the A1168 Chigwell lane (the centrepoint of which roundabout is approximately 214 metres south of the M11/A1168 overbridge) a distance of approximately 0.76 kilometres. This slip road is given the number 2 on the plan.
3. Junction with the existing southbound on-slip road of the M11 Junction 5
A route from the roundabout referred to in paragraph 2 of this schedule to a point on the existing southbound on-slip road approximately 140 metres east of its junction with the centreline of the A1168 Chigwell Lane, a distance of approximately 0.12 kilometres. This connecting road is given the number 3 on the plan.
1980 c. 66.