1996 No. 2130
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The M62 (East) To M606 Link And Connecting Roads Scheme 1996
12th August 1996
Coming into force
6th September 1996
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Scheme in exercise of powers conferred by sections 16, 17 and 19 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf:—
1. This Scheme may be cited as the M62 (East) to M606 Link and Connecting Roads Scheme 1996 and shall come into force on 6th September 1996.
2. In this Scheme:
(1) all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway;
(2) (i) “the connecting road”
(ii)“the link roads”
(iv)“the special roads”
3. The Secretary of State is authorised to provide special roads for the exclusive use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
4. The centre line of the special roads is indicated by a heavy black line on the plan.
5. Each of the special roads shall become a trunk road on the date when this Scheme comes into force.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
R. R. Bineham
Director Northern Operations Division Highways Agency
12th August 1996
SCHEDULE 1ROUTES OF THE MOTORWAY LINK ROADS
The routes of the link roads are routes in the Metropolitan District of Kirklees as follows:
6. A route of about 230 metres in length from at a point on the southbound off-slip road of the M606 Motorway (marked `A' on the plan) then generally eastwards to a point on the on-slip road of the eastbound carriageway of the M62 Motorway (marked `B' on the plan).
7. A route of about 1300 metres in length from a point on the southbound carriageway to the M62 Motorway near the Hunsworth Lane Bride (marked `C' on the plan) proceeding southwards then westwards and finally heading northwards to a point on the northbound carriageway of the M606 Motorway (marked `D' on the plan).
SCHEDULE 2ROUTE OF THE CONNECTING ROAD
The route of the connecting road is a route in the Metropolitan District of Kirklees of about 275 metres in length from the Chain Bar Interchange Roundabout to the Link Road from the M62 Motorway generally westbound to the M606 Motorway northbound (the special road along this route being given the number 1 on the plan).
1980 c. 66.