Anti-Litter (Freeport) Rules
PUBLIC WORKS [CH.26 – 47
[Original Service 2001] STATUTE LAW OF THE BAHAMAS
ANTI-LITTER (FREEPORT) RULES
[Commencement 25th January, 1968]
1. (1) These Rules may be cited as the Anti-Litter
(2) These Rules shall apply within the Port Area.
2. In these Rules, unless the context otherwise
“public place” includes any road, and any street, lane,
passage, square, recreation area, inland water-
way or other place to which the public have
access for the time being within the Port Area.
3. (1) No person shall place or throw down and
leave in any public place any rubbish save in a container
provided by or under the authority of the Port Authority
for the reception of rubbish.
(2) No person shall sweep or otherwise remove into
any public place from a shop, house, factory, warehouse or
other premises abutting thereon any rubbish with the
intention to leave the same in such public a place otherwise
than in a container provided by or under the authority of
the Port Authority for the reception of rubbish.
SEA BATHING RULES
(SECTION 7 (1))
[Commencement 17th September, 1938]
1. These Rules may be cited as the Sea Bathing Rules.
2. Sea bathing shall be permitted at or from any
public wharf or place of public resort except —
(a) at or from the wharf known as Rawson Square;
Prevention of the