These Regulations are established in accordance with Article 53 of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (the Act) and Paragraph 1, Article 10 of the Charges and Fees Act.
The provisions of Articles 7 or 8 of the Act involving collection of fees are identified below:
1. Review of registration for product safety information and duplication of information,
2. Administration of type certification of products,
3. Issuance, re-issuance/replacement, and extension of validity period of the certificate of type certification,
4. Review of the appropriate inspection methods for products with special structures,
5. Review of applications for prior release of products,
6. Review of applications for becoming recognized certification bodies and matters involved in recognition.
The fees of the above subparagraphs are specified in the Appendix.
Manufacturers or importers (hereinafter referred to as the applicant) shall pay the fees of review for each application for registration in accordance with subparagraph 1, paragraph 1 of the preceding Article.
The applicant applying for type certification of products in accordance with subparagraph 2, paragraph 1, Article 2 shall pay certification administration fee to the certification body.
The applicant shall pay fees for related reviews to the bodies processing the following applications:
1. Applications for authorizing others to use the certificate of type certification.
2. Applications for issuance, re-issuance/replacement and extension of validity period of the type certification certificates in accordance with subparagraph 3, paragraph 1, Article 2.
3. Applications for using appropriate inspection methods in accordance with subparagraph 4, paragraph 1, Article 2.
4. Applications for prior release of products in accordance with subparagraph 5, paragraph 1, Article 2.
Academic institutes or non-profit legal entities shall pay the fees of review and recognition when applying for becoming recognized certification bodies.
Fees paid in accordance with these Directions shall not be returned or retained with any reasons, except for applying for return of fees in accordance with the provisions of Article 18 of the Charges and Fees Act.
The fees shall be paid by sending cashier's check, treasurer's check or bank draft, by cash or by telegraphic transfer at financial institutions.
The payee of the check, treasurer's check or bank draft shall be the central competent authority or bodies commissioned by the central competent authority.
These Directions shall take effect on January 1, 2015.