Brahma Kumaris Rajayoga Centre, Sri Lanka (Incorporation)
Brahma Kumaris Rajayoga Centre, Sri Lanka (Incorporation)
AN ACT TO INCORPORATE THE BRAHMA KUMARIS RAJAYOGA CENTRE, SRI LANKA
WHEREAS a Centre called and known as the "Brahma Preamble Kumaris Rajayoga Centre, Sri Lanka" has heretofore been formed in Sri Lanka for the purpose of effectually carrying out and transacting all objects and matters connected with the said Centre, according to the rules agreed to, by its members :
AND Whereas the said Centre has heretofore successfully carried out and transacted the several objects and matters for which it was formed, and has applied to be incorporated and it will be for the public advantage to grant such application :
BE it therefore enacted by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as follows:-
, 1998 ]
1. This Act may be cited as the Brahma Kumaris Rajayoga Centre, Sri Lanka (Incorporation) Act, No. 37 of 1998.
Incorporation of the Brahma Kumaris Rajayoga Centre, Sri Lanka.
2. From and after the date of commencement of this Act, such and so many persons as now are members of the Brahma Kumaris Rajayoga Centre, Sri Lanka (hereinafter referred to as the "Centre") or shall hereafter be admitted as members of the corporation hereby constituted, shall be a body corporate (hereinafter referred to as the "Corporation") with perpetual succession, under the name and style of the "Brahma Kumaris Rajayoga Centre, Sri Lanka" and by that name may sue and be sued in all courts with full power and authority to have and use a common seal and alter the same at its pleasure.
General objects of the Corporation.
3. The general objects for which the Corporation is constituted are hereby declared to be :"
(a) to spread spiritual knowledge and to introduce, the practice of Rajayoga meditation ;
(b) to render assistance through the promotion of the practice of Rajayoga meditation to all persons seeking inner tranquility ;
(c) to bring about a society based on love and respect for one and all;
(d) to undertake and carry out all such works that would promote the aforesaid objects of the Corporation.
General powers of the Corporation.
4. Subject to the provisions of this Act and any other written law, the Corporation shall have the power to do, perform and execute all such acts, matters and things whatsoever as are necessary or desirable for the promotion or furtherance of the objects of the Corporation or any one of them, including the power to open, operate and close bank accounts, to borrow or raise moneys with or without security, to receive or collect grants and donations, to invest its funds and to engage, employ and dismiss officers and servants required for the carrying out of the objects of the Corporation.
Management of the affairs of the Corporation.
(1) The affairs of the Corporation shall, subject to the rules in force for the time being of the Corporation, be administered by a Board of Management consisting of the office bearers and such other persons as may be provided for in such rules and elected in accordance therewith.
(2) The first Board of Management of the Corporation shall be the Board of Management of the Centre holding office on the day immediately preceding the date of commencement of this Act.
Rules of the Corporation.
(1) It shall be lawful for the Corporation, from time to time, at a general meeting and by a majority "of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting, to make rules, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other written law, for the admission, withdrawal or expulsion of members, for the performance of the duties of the Board of Management and of the officers, agents and servants of the Corporation, for the election of the Board of Management, for the procedure to be followed in the transaction of business of the board of Management and otherwise generally, for the management of the affairs of the Corporation and the accomplishment of its objects,
(2) No rule of the Corporation for the time being in force or which may hereafter be passed shall be altered, added to, amended or rescinded, except by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting at a general meeting of the Corporation.
(3) The rules of the Centre in force on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act shall, in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other written law be deemed to be the rules of the Corporation made under this section.
(4) All members of the Corporation shall be subject to the rules of the Corporation.
Debts due by and payable to the Centre.
7. All debts and liabilities of the Centre existing on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act, shall be paid by the Corporation, and all debts due to, and subscriptions and contributions payable to, the Centre on that day shall be paid to the Corporation for the purposes of this Act.
Corporation may hold property movable and immovable.
8. The Corporation shall be capable in law to take and hold, any property, movable or immovable, which may become vested in it by virtue of any purchase, grant, gift, testamentary disposition or otherwise, and all such property shall be held by the Corporation for the purposes of this Act, and subject to the rules in force for the time being of the Corporation, with full power to sell, mortgage, lease, exchange, or otherwise dispose of the same.
How the Seal of the Corporation is to be affixed.
9. The seal of the Corporation shall not be affixed to any instrument whatsoever, except in the presence of three members of the Board of Management, one of whom shall be the Chairman, who shall sign their names to the instrument in token of their presence, and such signing shall be independent of the signing of any person as a witness.
Application of the funds of the Corporation.
10. the moneys and property of the Corporation, whatsoever derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its objects as set forth therein and no person thereof shall be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever, by way of profit to the members of the Corporation.
Savings of the rights of the Republic and others.
11. Nothing in this Act contained shall prejudice or affect the rights of the Republic, or of any body politic, or corporate, or of any other persons, except such as are mentioned in this Act, and those claiming by, from, or under, them.
Sinhala text to prevail in case of inconsistency.
12. In the event of any inconsistency between the Sinhala and Tamil texts of this Act, the Sinhala text shall prevail.