All Ceylon Union Of Muslim League Youth Fronts (Incorporation)
All Ceylon Union Of Muslim League Youth Fronts (Incorporation)
AN ACT TO INCORPORATE THE ALL CEYLON UNION OF MUSLIM LEAGUE YOUTH FRONTS
WHEREAS a Union called and known as the "All Ceylon Union of Muslim League Youth Fronts" has heretofore been established for the purpose of effectually carrying out its objects, and transacting all matters connected with the said Union according to the rules agreed to by its members:
AND WHEREAS the said Union has heretofore successfully carried out and transacted the several objects and matters for which it was established, and has applied to be incorporated and it will be for the public advantage to grant the application :
BE it therefore, enacted by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as follows :-
, 1998 ]
1. This Act may be cited as the All Ceylon Union of Muslim League Youth Fronts (Incorporation) Act, No. 48 of 1998.
Incorporation of the All Ceylon union of Muslim League youth Fronts.
2. From and after the date of commencement of this Act, such and so many persons as now are members of the All Ceylon Union of Muslim League Youth Fronts (hereinafter referred to as the "Union") or shall hereafter be admitted members of the Corporation hereby constituted, shall be a body corporate (hereinafter referred to as "the Corporation") with perpetual succession under the name and style of "All Ceylon Union of Muslim League Youth Fronts" and by that name may sue and be sued in all courts with full power and authority to have and use a common seal and to alter the same at its will and pleasure.
General objects of the Corporation.
3. The general objects for which the Corporation is constituted are hereby declared to be "
(a) to preserve and promote the Muslim way of life, Muslim solidarity, Muslim Brother-hood and Islamic Culture and to foster and promote inter communal amity and political harmony ;
(b) to foster, promote and encourage a spirit of understanding and fellowship among the different communities in Sri Lanka ;
(c) to promote the principles of good citizenship ;
(d) to take an active interest in the religious, political, cultural, educational, recreational and social welfare activities of the Muslims of Sri Lanka ;
(e) to unite the Muslim League Youth Fronts in bonds of Muslim Brother-hood, good fellowship and mutual understanding;
(f) to provide a forum for discussion in all matters of public interest;
(g) to encourage service minded men among Muslims to serve their community without personal or financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and high ethical standards in commerce and the Profession ;
(h) to initiate and assist Muslim youths in the development of youth activities and to organise and conduct vocational training courses and similar activities, in order to initiate muslim youth into skilled trades and to serve the needs of Muslim youth and the community ;
(i) to establish and maintain relations with national and international Muslim Youth organisations ; and
(j) generally, to do all such other acts and things as are or may be necessary, conducive or incidental, to the attainment of the objects of the Corporation.
Management of the affairs of the Corporation.
(1) The affairs of the Corporation shall subject to the rules for the time being of the Corporation, be administered by a council of Directors (hereinafter referred to as the "Council") consisting of such number of members as may be provided for in rules made in that behalf and elected appointed or nominated as the case may be in accordance with such rules.
(2) The First Council of the Corporation shall be the Council of Directors of the Union holding office on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act.
General Powers of the Corporation.
5. Subject to the provisions of this Act and any other written law, the Corporation shall, have the power"
(a) to appoint, dismiss, remunerate and exercise disciplinary control over, such officers and servants as may be necessary for the purposes of the Corporation ;
(b) to receive aid, grant or gift, in cash or in kind, from any person, society, association or other body of persons, corporate or otherwise ;
(c) to establish branch organisations of the Corporation in any part of the Island for the purpose of furthering any or all of the objects of the Corporation ;
(d) to open, operate and close bank accounts and to borrow or raise money with or without security, for the furtherance of the objects of the Corporation and to execute any mortgage bond to secure payment of money so borrowed or raised ;
(e) to enter into or perform, either directly or through its officers, servants or agents authorized in that behalf by the Corporation, all such contracts and agreements as may be necessary, for the exercise, discharge and performance of the powers, functions and duties of the Corporation, or for carrying on the affairs of the Corporation in furtherance of the objects of the Corporation ;
(f) to erect or cause to be erected, any building or structure on any land belonging to or held by the Corporation ;
(g) to acquire, hold, take or give on lease or hire, mortgage, pledge sell or otherwise dispose of, any movable or immovable property, in keeping with the principals of the Islam ; and
(h) to do all such acts or things as may be necessary for effectually exercising any of the aforesaid powers specified in this Act and for the attainment of the objects set out in section 3.
Rules of the Corporation.
(1) The Corporation may from time to time, at the Annual Convention or any Special Convention and by a majority of votes of not less than two-thirds of the registered delegates present and voting thereat, make rules, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other written law, in respect of any or all of the following matters :"
(a) the procedure to be followed in the transaction of business at meetings of the Corporation and the Council;
(b) the powers, conduct, duties and functions of the members of Corporation and the officers and servants of the Corporation ;
(c) the defrayal of such expenses as may be incurred by the Corporation for the purpose of carrying out the objects of the Corporation ;
(d) the management of the affairs of the Corporation and the accomplishment of its objects ;
(e) the administration and management of the property of the Corporation, the custody of its funds and the maintenance and audit of its accounts ;
(f) the keeping of accounts, the deposit of moneys and the custody of documents of the Corporation ; and
(g) any other matter connected with, or incidental to, the objects of the Corporation.
(2) Any rule made by the Corporation may be amended, altered, added to, or recinded at a like meeting and in like manner as a rule may be made under subsection (1), provided that any such amendment, alteration, addition or recession shall have received the prior approval of the Council.
(3) The rules of the Union in force on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act, shall be deemed to be the rules of the Corporation made under this section in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other written law.
(4) The members of the Corporation shall, be subject to the rules for the time being of the Corporation.
Corporation may hold property movable and immovable.
7. The Corporation shall be able and capable in law to acquire and hold any property movable or immovable, which may become vested in it by virtue of any purchase grant, gift, testamentary disposition or otherwise, and all such property shall be held by the Corporation for the purposes of this Act and subject to the rules in force for the time being of the Corporation with full power to sell, mortgage, lease, exchange or otherwise dispose of the same.
Accounts of the Corporation.
(1) The Council shall cause proper books of accounts to be kept of the income and expenditure, assets and liabilities and all other transaction of the Corporation.
(2) The accounts of the Corporation shall be audited by a qualified auditor appointed by the Council.
(3) In this section, "qualified auditor" means"
(a) an individual who being a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka, or of any other Institute established by law, possesses a certificate to practice as an Accountant issued by the Council of such Institute ; or
(b) a firm of Chartered Accountants each of the resident partners of which, being a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka or of any other Institute established by law, possesses a certificate to practice as an Accountant issued by the Council of such Institute.
Debts due by and payable to the Union.
9. All debts and liabilities of the Union existing on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act, shall be paid by the Corporation and all debts due to and subscriptions and contributions payable to, the Union on this day shall be paid to the Corporation, for the purposes of this Act.
The seal of the Corporation.
10. The seal of the Corporation shall be kept in the custody of the President of the Corporation and shall not be affixed to any instrument whatsoever except in the presence of the President and of such number of persons as may be provided for in the rules in force for the time being of the Corporation, who shall sign their names to the instrument in token of their presence, and such signing shall be independent of the signing of any person as a witness.
Saving of the rights of the Republic and Others.
11. Nothing in this Act contained shall prejudice or affect the rights of the Republic or of any body politic or corporate or of any other persons except such as are mentioned in this Act and those claiming by, from, or under, them.
Sinhala text to prevail in case of any inconsistency.
12. In the event of any inconsistency between the Sinhala and Tamil texts of this Act, the Sinhala text shall prevail.