Dharma Chakkra Childrens Foundation Of Sri Lanka (Incorporation)
Dharma Chakkra Childrens Foundation Of Sri Lanka (Incorporation)
AN ACT TO INCORPORATE THE DHARMA CHAKKRA CHILDRENS FOUNDATION OF SRI LANKA
WHEREAS a Foundation called and known as "The Dharma Chakkra Childrens' Foundation of Sri Lanka" has heretofore been formed for the purpose of effectally carrying out and transacting all objects and matters connected with, the said Foundation, according to the rules agreed to by its members :
AND WHEREAS the said Foundation has heretofore successfully carried out and transacted the several objects and matters for which it was formed and has applied to be incorporated and it will be for the public advantage to grant the application :
BE it therefore enacted by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as follows :-
, 2000 ]
1. This Act may be cited as the Dharma Chakkra Childrens' Foundation of Sri Lanka (Incorporation) Act. No. 13 of 2000.
Incorporation of the Dharma Chakra Childrens' Foundation of Sri Lanka.
2. From and after the date of commencement of this Act. such and so many persons as are now members of the Dharma Chakkra Childrens' Foundation of Sri Lanka (hereinafter referred to as "the Foundation") and shall hereafter be admitted members of the Corporation, hereby constituted shall be a body Corporate (hereinafter referred to as "the Corporation") with perpetual succession under the name and style of "Dharma Chakkra Childrens' Foundation of Sri Lanka" and by that name may sue and be sued in all courts, with full power and authority to have and use a common sea! and to alter same at its pleasure.
General objects of Corporation.
3. The general objects for which the Corporation is the constituted are hereby declared to be-
(a) to foster the social, educational and cultural development of underprivileged children of Sri Lanka :
(b) to provide food, clothing, shelter and other necessary relief and assistance to needy Sri Lankans and particularly to destitute children ;
(c) to promote the physical, spiritual and social welfare of the people of Sri Lanka ;
(d) to foster and promote communal harmony and inter communal reliance among Sri Lankan Youth and to inculcate a sense of discipline and sell control in them :
(e) to promote friendly ties between Sri Lankan Youth and the youth of other nations, by appropriate means ;
(f) to conduct deucational and vocational training programmes for Youth and to assist them. Financially or otherwise, to start business ventures or to engage in self employment:
(g) to foster, promote and disseminate the Theravada Buddhist Philosophy and way of life :
(h) to encourage the younger generation to protect the environment and to educate them on the successful management of the environment:
(i) to grant scholarships, bursaries and grants to bhikkus and volunteers engaged in the furtherance of the objects of the Corporation :
(j) to establish and maintain institutions such as schools. libraries and orphanages that may be necessary for the achievement of the objects of the Corporation ;
(k) to initiate, organise, and conduct lectures, seminars, symposia, workshops, exhibitions and other appropriate programmes and activities in order to promote the objects of the Corporation ;
(l) to liaise with other institutions and organisations having objects similar to those of the Corporation ;
(m) to do all such other acts and things as may be incidental or conducive, to the attainment of the objects of the Corporation.
Powers of the Corporation.
4. Subject to the provisions of this Act and any other written law, the Corporation shall have the power to-
(a) raise funds, and receive grants, gifts or donations, in cash or kind, whether from local or foreign sources ;
(b) acquire in any manner whatsoever, and hold, take or give on lease or hire, sell or otherwise dispose of. any movable or immovable property ;
(c) invest the funds of the Corporation in such investments as are likely to bring the best return and to recall or reinvest any such investment ;
(d) engage, employ and remunerate, such officers and servants as may be necessary for carrying out the objects of the Corporation and exercise disciplinary control over such officers and servants ;
(e) open, operate and close bank accounts and borrow or raise money, with or without security ;
(f) perform and execute all other acts and things as are necessary or desirable for the attainment of the objects of the Corporation.
Management of the affairs of the Corporation.
(1) The affairs of the Corporation shall, subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules in force for the time being of the Corporation, be administered by a Board of Management consisting of the Founder, the two Bhikku patrons, the two lay patrons, the President, the Vice President. the General Secretary, the Assistant Secretary, the Treasurer and such number of committee members as may be elected in accordance with the rules of the Corporation.
(2) The first Board of Management of the Corporation shall consist of the members of the Board of management of the Foundation holding office on the day immediately proceeding the date of commencement of this Act.
Rules of the Corporation.
(1) It shall be lawful for the Corporation, from time to time', at any general meeting and by the votes of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting at such meeting, to make rules not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, or any other written law. for the conduct of the duties, of the Board of Management and the various officers and servants of the Corporation, for the procedure to be followed in the transaction of business at meetings of the Corporation and of the Board of Management and otherwise generally, for the management of the affairs of the Corporation and the accomplishment of its objects.,
(2) No rule of the Corporation for the time being in force nor any rule which may hereafter be passed, shall be altered, added to, amended or rescinded except by the votes of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting at a general meeting of the Corporation :
(3) The rules of the Foundation in force on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act. shall be deemed to be rules made under this section, in so far as such rules are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act. or any other written law.
(4) The member of the Corporation shall subject to the rules of the Corporation,
Debts due by and payable to the Foundation.
7. All debts and liabilities of the Foundation existing on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act. shall be paid and discharged by the Corporation and all debts due to. and subscriptions and contributions payable to the Foundation on that day: shall be paid to the Corporation for the purposes of this Act.
Corporation may hold property movable and immovable.
8. The Corporation shall be able and capable in law to take and hold any property, movable or immovable which may become vested in it by virtue of any purchase, grant, gift, testamentary disposition or otherwise and all such property shall be held by the Corporation for the purposes of this Act. and subject to the rules of the Corporation, with full power to sell, mortgage, lease, exchange or otherwise dispose of the same.
The seal of the Corporation.
9. The seal of the Corporation shall be in the custody of the General Secretary and it shall not be affixed to any document or instrument except in the presence of the President and any one of the Patrons, both of whom shall sign their names to the document or instrument in token of their presence, and such signing shall be independent of the signing of any person as a witness.
Saving of the rights of the Republic and others.
10. Nothing in this Act, contained shall prejudice or affect the rights of the Republic or of any body politic or corporate. or of any other person, except such as are mentioned in this Act, and those claiming by. from, or under, them.
Sinhala text to prevail in case of inconsistency.
11. In the event of any inconsistency between the Sinhala and Tamil texts of this Act. the Sinhala text shall prevail.