Al-kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) Kannattota (Incorporation)
Al-kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) Kannattota (Incorporation)
AN ACT TO INCORPORATE THE AL-KULLIYATHUN NOORIYA (ARABIC COLLEGE) KANNAITOTA
WHEREAS an Institution called and known as the "Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya Arabic College" Kannattota, has heretofore been established at Kannattota in Sri Lanka for the purpose of effectually carrying out its objects and transacting all matters connected with the said Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) according to the rules agreed to by its members :
AND WHEREAS the said Institution has heretofore successfully carried out and transacted the several objects and matters for which it was established and the "Mashura Council" of Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) has applied to be incorporated and it will be for the public advantage to grant the application :
BE it therefore enacted by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as follows :-
, 1998 ]
1. This Act may be cited as the Mashura Council of the Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) Kannattota (Incorporation) Act,No. 10 of 2000.
Incorporation of the Mashura Council of the Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) Kannattota.
2. From and after the date of commencement of this Act. the members of the Mashura Council of the Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) Kannattota (hereinafter referred to as the "College"') and their successors, elected or appointed in accordance with the rules made hereunder. shall be and are hereby constituted a body corporate (hereinafter referred to as "'the Corporation") with perpetual succession, under the name and style of the "Mashura Council of the Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya (Arabic College) Kannattota" and by that name may sue and be sued in all courts, with full power and authority to have and use a common seal and to alter the same at its pleasure.
General Objects of the Corporation.
3. The general objects for which the Corporation constituted are hereby declared to be -
(a) to manage, develop and maintain, the Al-Kulliyathun Nooriya Arabic College Kannattota situated at Kannattota :
(b) to encourage the teaching of the Islam in the Arabic language, according to the "Holy Quran" and "Hadeeths" :
(c) to provide facilities for the training of Islamic Religious Scholars known as "Ulamas" ;
(d) to give opportunities to students to study Islam on the basis of the approved syllabi of the Ministry of Education of Sri Lanka and to prepare them to sit for the General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level and Advanced Level Examinations :
(e) to encourage recital from memory, of the "Holy Quran" according to "Thajweed" or proper intonation ;
(f) to establish and maintain a separate division for the social, economic and educational development of Muslim women :
(g) to grant scholarships to deserving students and to render assistance to them in any other form as may be deemed necessary to enable them to pursue their studies ;
(h) to train students to encourage in any industry or trade. using raw materials available in the area ; and
(i) to do all other acts and things as are or may be necessary, conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above mentioned objects.
General objects of the Corporation.
4. Subject to the provisions of this Act and any other written law the Corporation shall have the power to do perform and execute all such acts, matters and things whatsoever as are necessary or expedient for the promotion or furtherance of the objects of the Corporation, including the power to open, operate and close bank accounts, to borrow or raise money with or without security, to receive or collect grants and donations from local or foreign sources, to invest the funds of the Corporation, to construct any building on any land vested in or acquired or held by the Corporation and to employ and dismiss such officers and servants as are required for the carrying out of the objects of the Corporation.
Rules of the Corporation.
(1) It shall be lawful for the Corporation, from time to time, at any General Meeting of the members and by the voles of not less than two thirds of the members present and voting, to make such rules, as are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other written law for the management of the affairs of the Corporation and accomplishment of its objects Such rules when made may at a like meeting and in like manner be altered, added to amended or rescinded.
(2) The rules of the College in force on the day immediately preceding the date of commencement of this Act. shall be deemed to he the rules of the Corporation made under this section in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or any other written law.
(3) The members of the Corporation shall be subject to the rules of the Corporation.
Debts due by and payable to the College.
6. All debts and liabilities of the College existing on the day preceding the date of commencement of this Act shall be paid by the Corporation and debts due to and subscriptions and contribution payable to the College on such day shall be paid to the Corporation for purposes of this Act.
Corporation may hold and dispose movable and immovable.
7. The Corporation shall, .subject to the rules of the Corporation, be able and capable in law to take and hold any property movable or immovable. which may become vested in it by virtue of any purchase, grant, gift, testamentary disposition or otherwise, and all such property shall be held by the Corporation for the purposes of this Act. and subject to the rules in force for the time being of the Corporation, with full power to sell, mortgage, lease, exchange or otherwise dispose of the same.
Fund of the Corporation.
(1) The Corporation shall have its own fund and all moneys heretofore or hereafter to be received by way of gift, bequest, donation, subscription, contribution, lees or grants, for or and on account of the Corporation shall be deposited in one or more banks as the Corporation shall determine.
(2) There shall be paid out of the fund, all such sums of money as are required to defray any expenditure incurred by the Corporation in the exercise and discharge of its powers and Junctions under this Act.
(3) The money and properly of the Corporation. howsoever derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Corporation.
Accounts and audit.
(1) The Corporation shall cause proper accounts to be kept of all the moneys received and expended by the Corporation.
(2) The account of the Corporation shall be examined and audited at least once in every year and the correctness of income and expenditure account and balance sheet certified by the auditor or auditors who shall be the associate members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka appointed by the Corporation.
Seal of the Corporation.
10. The Seal of the Corporation shall not be affixed to any instrument whatsoever except in the presence of such number of persons as may be provided for in the rules of the Corporation, who shall sign their names on the instrument in token of their presence and such signing shall be independent of the signing of any person as a witness.
Saving of rights of the Republic and others.
11. Nothing in this Act. contained shall prejudice or affect the rights of the Republic or of any body politic or corporate or of any other persons, except such as are mentioned in this Act. and claiming by from or under them.
Sinhala text to prevail in case of inconsistency.
12. In the event of any inconsistency between the Sinhala and Tamil texts of this Act the Sinhala text shall prevail.