AN ACT TO AMEND THE FINANCE ACT, NO. 16 OF 1995
BE it enacted by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as follows :-
, 2003 ]
1. This Act may be cited as the Finance (Amendment) Act, No. 4 of 2003.
Repeal of Part I of Chapter I of Act No 16 of 1995
2. Part I of Chapter I of the Finance Act, No. 16 of 1995, (section 2) as amended by Act, No. 24 of 1999 (hereinafter referred to as the "principal enactment") is hereby repealed.
Amendment of section 6 of the principal Enactment
3.Section 6 of the principal enactment is hereby amended as follows:
(1) by the substitution for the words "includes the diesel motor vehicle levy, luxury motor vehicle levy," of the words "includes the luxury motor vehicle levy,"; and
(2) in the marginal note to that section, by the substitution for the words "include diesel motor vehicle levy, luxury motor vehicle levy,", of the words "include luxury motor vehicle levy,".
Amendment of section 17 of the Principal enactment
4. Section 17 of the principal enactment is hereby amended by the repeal of the definition of the expression "specified motor vehicle" and the substitution therefor of the following definition :
"specified motor vehicle" means any luxury motor vehicle, any semi luxury motor vehicle or any semi luxury dual purpose motor vehicle;".
Retrospective this effect.
5. The amendments made to the principal enactment by Act, shall be deemed for all purposes to have come into force on October 12, 2001.
Sinhala text to prevail in case of inconsistency.
6. In the event of any inconsistency between the Sinhala and Tamil texts of this Act. the Sinhala text shall prevail.