AN ACT TO AMEND THE PRISONS ORDINANCE
BE it enacted by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as follows :-
, 2005 ]
1. This Act may be cited as the Prisons (Amendment) Act, No. 22 of 2005.
Amendment of section 79 of the Chapter 54.
2. Section 79 of the Prisons Ordinance (hereinafter referred to as the "principal enactment") is hereby amended as follows:-
(i) by the repeal of paragraph (g) of that section;
(ii) by the re-lettering of paragraph (h) of that section as paragraph (g)
Amendment of Section 81 of the principal enactment.
3. Section 81 of the principal enactment is hereby amended as follows :-
(1) in subsection (4) of that section :-
(a) by the repeal of paragraph (d) thereof ; and
(b) by the relettering of paragraph (e) thereof as paragraph (d);
(2) by the repeal of subsection (5) and (6) of that section ; and
(3) by the renumbering of subsections (7) and (8) as subsections (5) and (6) of that section.
Repeal of section 86 of the principal enactment.
4. Section 86 of the principal enactment is hereby repealed.
sinhala text to prevail in case of inconsistency.
5. In the event of any inconsistency between the Sinhala and Tamil texts of this Act, the Sinhala text shall prevail.