rangement of Provisions
1. Short title and
2 Qualifications of voters
AN ACT to amend the Electoral Act 1963. [28th
BE IT ENACTED by the Legislative Assembly of Samoa in
Parliament assembled as follows:
1. Short title and commencement-(1) This Act may be
cited as the Electoral Amendment Act (No.2) 2005 and shall be
read with and form part of the Electoral Act 1963 (the Principal
(2) This Act shall commence on the date of assent by the
Head of State.
(3) Notice of commencement of this Act shall be published
in Samoan and English in the Savali and one other newspaper
circulating in Samoa.
2. Qualifications of voters – Section 19 of the Principal
Act is amended:
(1) in subsection (1)(b)(i) by inserting the word
“grandchild” after the words “is the child or”.
4 Electoral Amendment (No.2) 2005 2005, No.14
The Electoral Amendment Act (No.2) 2005 is administered in the
Office of the Electoral Commissioner