rangement of Provisions
1. Short title and commencement
2. General Manager
2014, No. 6
AN ACT to amend the Electric Power Corporation Act 1980 in
relation to the appointment of the General Manager and
other related purposes. [7th
BE IT ENACTED by the Legislative Assembly of Samoa in
Parliament assembled as follows:
1. Short title and commencement-(1) This Act may be cited
as the Electric Power Corporation Amendment Act 2014 and shall
be read and form part of the Electric Power Corporation Act 1980.
(2) This Act commences on the date of assent by the Head of
2. General Manager - For sections 32(2) and 32(3) of the
Electric Power Corporation Act 1980 substitute:
2 Electric Power Corporation Amendment 2014, No. 6
“(2) No person shall be appointed as the General Manager
unless the person:
(a) is a qualified engineer; and
(b) has at least a degree in management or has at least
five (5) years experience in managing a
corporation, ministry, public body or other
prescribed body at an executive level; and
(c) has other prescribed qualifications.
(3) The General Manager shall:
(a) be the Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation;
(b) be responsible for the control and management of
the operations of the Corporation.
(4) For the purpose of this section and section 33,
“qualified engineer” means a professional engineer in the
electricity and power industry with a formal qualification in the
field of either electrical, electronic or mechanical
3. Staffing - In section 33(2) of the Electric Power Corporation
Act 1980, omit “and experienced electrical”.
The Electric Power Corporation Amendment Act 2014
is administered by the Electric Power Corporation.