MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. 92
AUTHORIZING ADDITIONAL OFFICIALS TO SIGN “BY AUTHORITY OF THE PRESIDENT” DECISIONS, RESOLUTIONS AND ORDERS OF APPEALED CASES IN THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
WHEREAS, M.O. No. 81 was issued on December 31, 2002 directing the speedy resolution of appealed cases in the Office of the President;
WHEREAS, there is a need to further enhance such effort and increase the number of officials to sign “By Authority of the President” for this purpose.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GLORIA MACAPAGAL ARROYO, President of the Republic of thePhilippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order as follows:
1. In addition to the officials named under M.O. No. 81 (2002), the following senior officials of the Office of the President are hereby directed to focus on the review and resolution of decisions, resolutions, orders or actions of departments, agencies, and offices elevated to the Office of the President for review and final administrative resolution:
a. Presidential Assistant Manuel C. Domingo
b. Undersecretary Enrique D. Perez
2. The officials designated herein are hereby directed to complete the review and disposition of the current inventory of all appealed decisions, resolutions, order or actions of departments, agencies and offices pending before the Office of the President within a period ending June 30, 2003.
3. For this purpose, in addition to the officials named under M.O. No. 81 (2002), the officials designated in Section 1 hereof shall have the authority to sign “By Authority of the President” decisions, resolutions and orders:
a. Affirming in toto the decisions, resolutions, or orders of departments, agencies or offices;
b. Denying/dismissing motions for reconsideration of previous Office of the President decisions which affirmed in toto the decisions, resolutions, or order of departments, agencies or offices;
c. Dismissing appeals filed out of time;
d. Dismissing appeals on matters over which the Office of the President has no jurisdiction;
e. Dismissing appeals on the mutual agreement of the parties;
f. Declaring a decision, resolution or order in an appealed case as final and executory and/or remanding the records of the case to the relevant office; and
g. Approving the withdrawal of an appeal.
The foregoing authority shall be for a period ending June 30, 2003.
4. However, recommended decisions for the reversal or modification of decisions, resolutions, orders or actions of departments, agencies or offices, shall be immediately forwarded to the Executive Secretary for disposition. The Executive Secretary may delegate the disposition of these matters to the Chief Presidential Legal Counsel.
5. The Executive Secretary shall issue guidelines and take such measures to effectively carry out this delegation of authority and ensure an orderly distribution and disposition of cases.
6. The foregoing delegation of authority shall not preclude the Executive Secretary from exercising his powers and functions pursuant to the provisions of Section 25, 26, and 27, Title III, Book IV of the Administrative Code of 1987.
7. All previous issuances and/or provisions thereof in so far as these are inconsistent herewith, are hereby superseded and/or modified accordingly.
City of Manila, MAR 31 2003
(Sgd.) GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO
By the President:
(Sgd.) ALBERTO G. ROMULO