Office of the President
of the Philippines
MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 1
DECLARING ALL CO-TERMINOUS THIRD LEVEL POSITIONS VACANT AS OF JUNE 30, 2010; DIRECTING ALL NON-CAREER EXECUTIVE SERVICE OFFICIALS (NON-CESO) OCCUPYING CAREER EXECUTIVE SERVICE (CES) POSITIONS TO CONTINUE TO PERFORM THEIR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES; AND EXTENDING THE SERVICES OF CERTAIN CONTRACTUAL AND/OR CASUAL EMPLOYEES WHOSE CONTRACTS EXPIRE ON JUNE 30, 2010.
In the exigency of the service and to ensure continuity of government operations, official processes and transactions as well as the delivery of services to the people, the following are hereby directed:
1. All Presidential appointees under coterminous status and/or those occupying positions created in excess of the authorized staffing pattern in all departments, offices, agencies and bureaus in the executive branch, are deemed separated from the service as of noon of June 30, 2010.
2. All non-Career Executive Service Officials (non-CESO) occupying Career Executive Service (CES) positions in all agencies of the Executive Branch shall remain in office and continue to perform their duties and discharge their responsibilities until July 31, 2010, or until their resignations have been accepted and/or until their respective replacements have been appointed and/or designated, whichever comes first.
3. In cases where the head of agency or office has resigned and whose resignation has been accepted or is deemed separated on June 30, 2010 and no replacement has been appointed or designated, the next-in-rank and most senior official shall take over as Officer-in-Charge, to perform the duties and discharge the responsibilities of the position until July 31, 2010 or until a replacement has been appointed or designated, whichever comes first.
4. Contractual and/or casual employees whose contracts expire on June 30, 2010 shall continue their services up to July 31, 2010, unless otherwise earlier terminated or renewed by the heads of the hiring agencies in accordance with their specific needs and requirements and subject to pertinent administrative and auditing rules and regulations.
5. Services rendered by the aforementioned officials and personnel referred to in paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 in compliance with the provisions of this Memorandum Circular shall be compensated in accordance with existing civil service, budgeting, accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. Officials and personnel referred to Sections 2, 3 and 4 above are hereby finally directed to effect an orderly and complete turn over of records, documents, books, equipment and other properties of their respective offices to their successors, after the latter shall have been appointed or designated.
This Memorandum Circular shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, this 30th day of June 2010.
By authority of the President:
(Sgd.) PAQUITO N. OCHOA, JR.