S.I. No. 505/2014 - Statistics (Prices) Order 2014.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 11th November, 2014.
I, ENDA KENNY T.D., Taoiseach, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 25 (1) of the Statistics Act 1993 (No. 21 of 1993) and for the purpose of giving further effect to Council Regulation (EC) No. 1165/98 of 19 May 19981 (as last amended by Regulation (EC) No. 596/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 June 20092 ), hereby order as follows:
1. This Order may be cited as the Statistics (Prices) Order 2014.
2. This Order applies to an undertaking, employing 10 or more persons, that is engaged in buying or selling goods or services in the manufacturing, wholesale, mining and quarrying, supply of electricity, gas or water, construction or service sectors.
3. (1) Each undertaking to which this Order applies is required to provide the Central Statistics Office with information relating to input and output prices (distinguishing imports from exports), that is specified in the Schedule.
(2) The information referred to in paragraph (1) shall be provided monthly to the Central Statistics Office.
(3) In this Article–
“input price” means the price paid for goods or services purchased within or outside the State by an undertaking;
“output price” means the price received for goods or services sold within or outside the State by an undertaking.
4. The Statistics (Prices) Order 2009 ( S.I. No. 534 of 2009 ) is revoked.
1. Transaction prices for each month in respect of specified goods and services.
2. The following particulars in respect of the goods and services to be priced–
(a) the description,
(b) the terms of purchase or sale,
(c) the country of purchase or sale,
(d) the discount or surcharges, and
(e) the currency of purchase or sale.
GIVEN under my Official Seal,
6 November 2014.
1 OJ No. L 162, 5.6.1998, p. 1
2 OJ No. L 188, 18.7.2009, p. 14