S.I. No. 53/2014 - County of Kilkenny Local Electoral Areas and Municipal Districts Order 2014.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 7th February, 2014.
The Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by sections 4 and 23 of the Local Government Act 2001 (No. 37 of 2001) and having regard to section 28 (1)(d) of the Local Government Reform Act 2014 (No. 1 of 2014) hereby orders as follows:
1. This Order may be cited as the County of Kilkenny Local Electoral Areas and Municipal Districts Order 2014.
2. (1) The County of Kilkenny shall be divided into the local electoral areas which are named in the first column of the Schedule to this Order.
(2) Each such local electoral area shall consist of the area described in the second column of the Schedule to this Order opposite the name of such local electoral area.
(3) The number of members of Kilkenny County Council to be elected for each such local electoral area shall be the number set out in the third column of the Schedule to this Order opposite the name of that local electoral area.
3. Every reference in the Schedule to this Order to an electoral division shall be construed as referring to such electoral division as existing at the date of this Order and every reference to a former rural district shall be construed as a reference to that district as constituted immediately before the 1st day of October 1925.
4. A reference in the Schedule to this Order to a line drawn along any river shall be construed as a reference to an imaginary line drawn along the centre of such river.
5. The County of Kilkenny shall have the following municipal districts for the purposes of section 22A (inserted by the Local Government Reform Act 2014 (No. 1 of 2014)) of the Local Government Act 2001 (No. 37 of 2001):
(a) the Municipal District of Castlecomer consisting of the Local Electoral Area of Castlecomer;
(b) the Municipal District of Kilkenny City consisting of the Local Electoral Areas of Kilkenny City-East and Kilkenny City-West;
(c) the Municipal District of Piltown consisting of the Local Electoral Area of Piltown.
6. The County of Kilkenny Local Electoral Areas Order 2008 ( S.I. No. 443 of 2008 ) is revoked.
Name of Local Electoral Area
Description of Local Electoral Area
Number of Members to be elected for each Local Electoral Area
The electoral divisions of Attanagh, Balleen, Ballinamara, Ballybeagh, Ballycallan, Ballyconra, Ballyragget, Baunmore, Castlecomer, Clogh, Clogharinka, Clomantagh, Coolcraheen, Freshford, Galmoy, Glashare, Goresbridge, Gowran, Johnstown, Kilkieran, Kilmacar, Kilmanagh, Lisdowney, Moneenroe, Mothell, Muckalee (in the former Rural District of Castlecomer), Odagh, Paulstown, Rathbeagh, Rathcoole, Rathealy, Shankill, Tiscoffin, Tubbridbrittain, Tullaroan, Urlingford.
The electoral divisions of Ballyhale, Ballyvool, Bennettsbridge, Bramblestown, Castlebanny, Clara, Coolhill, Dunbell, Dunmore, Famma, Freaghana, Graiguenamanagh, Inistioge, Jerpoint Church, Kilfane, Kilkenny No. 2 Urban, Kiltorcan, Knocktopher, Pleberstown, Powerstown, The Rower, Thomastown, Tullaherin, Ullard, Woolengrange; and that part of the electoral division of Kilkenny Rural east of a line drawn along the Nore river.
The electoral divisions of Burnchurch, Callan Rural, Callan Urban, Coolaghmore, Danesfort, Dunnamaggan, Earlstown, Ennisnag, Grange, Kells, Kilkenny No. 1 Urban, Mallardstown, Outrath, Scotsborough, St. Canice, Stonyford, Tullaghanbrogue;and that part of the electoral division of Kilkenny Rural not contained in the local electoral area of Kilkenny City-East.
The electoral divisions of Aghaviller, Aglish, Ballincrea, Boolyglass, Brownsford, Castlegannon, Dunkitt, Dysartmoon, Farnoge, Fiddown, Jerpoint West, Kilbeacon, Kilbride, Kilcolumb, Kilculliheen, Kilkeasy, Killahy, Killamery, Kilmaganny, Kilmakevoge, Listerlin, Muckalee, Pilltown, Pollrone, Portnascully, Rathpatrick, Rosbercon Rural, Rossinan, Shanbogh, Templeorum, Tubbrid, Tullahought, Ullid, Whitechurch.
GIVEN under the Official Seal of the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government,
31 January 2014.
Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government.
(This note is not part of the Instrument and does not purport to be a legal interpretation.)
The effect of this Order is to amend the division of County Kilkenny into local electoral areas, to fix the number of members of Kilkenny County Council to be elected for each such area and to determine the municipal districts for County Kilkenny.