S.I. No. 115/2015 - Sea-Fisheries (Alleviation Measures) (Sea Bass Stocks) Regulations 2015.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 3rd April, 2015.
I, SIMON COVENEY, Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by sections 3 and 14 of the Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Act 2006 (No. 8 of 2006) and the Sea-Fisheries, Foreshore and Dumping at Sea (Transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions) Order 2007 ( S.I. No. 707 of 2007 ) (as adapted by the Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (Alteration of Name of Department and Title of Minister) Order 2011 ( S.I. No. 455 of 2011 )), for the purpose of giving effect to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/111 of 26 January 20151 ,
hereby make the following regulations:
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Sea-Fisheries (Alleviation Measures) (Sea Bass Stocks) Regulations 2015.
(2) These regulations shall cease to have effect on 1 May 2015.
2. (1) In these Regulations—
“Sea Bass Stocks Regulation” means Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/111 of 26 January 2015.
(2) A word or expression that is used in the Sea Bass Stocks Regulation and is also used in these Regulations, has, unless the context otherwise requires, the same meaning in these Regulations as it has in the Sea Bass Stocks Regulation.
3. The master of a sea-fishing boat in the exclusive fishing limits of the State, other than an Irish Sea-fishing boat, shall comply with the requirements imposed by the Sea Bass Stocks Regulation in respect of fishing vessels and masters of such vessels.
GIVEN under my Official Seal,
16 March 2015.
Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
(This note is not part of the instrument and does not purport to be a legal interpretation.)
This instrument gives full effect to COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2015/111 of 26 January 2015 establishing measures to alleviate a serious threat to the conservation of the sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) stock in the Celtic Sea, Channel, Irish Sea and southern North Sea. This instrument applies to fishing vessels and the master(s) of such fishing vessels in the exclusive fishery limits of the State, other than an Irish vessel. Irish fishing vessels and the master(s) of such fishing vessels are bound by S.I. No. 230 of 2006 BASS (CONSERVATION OF STOCKS) REGULATIONS 2006.
1 OJ L20, 27.01.2015, p.31