Halifax Youth Attendance Centre Regulations
made under clauses 3(1)(g) and (h) of the
Correctional Services Act
S.N.S. 2005, c. 37
N.S. Reg. 53/2007 (February 8, 2007, effective February 5, 2007)
I, Murray Scott, M.B., Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Nova Scotia, pursuant toSection [clauses] 3(1)(g) and (h) of the Correctional Services Act, do hereby establish theHalifax Youth Attendance Centre to provide supervision and support for young persons.
Access to the programs and services available at the Halifax Youth Attendance Centre islimited to young persons who the Nova Scotia Department of Justice, Correctional ServicesDivision have screened, determined to be eligible, and approved for admission.
The young person must be:
● subject to a probation order, a deferred custody and supervision order or conditionalsupervision order, which has a condition in the order to attend school, participate in aspecific program, e.g., anger management, or take programs as directed by a probationofficer, or
● released from custody to serve the community portion of a custody sentence or who are onreintegration leave, which has a condition set by the Provincial Director to attend school,participate in a specific program, e.g., anger management, or take a program as directed bya probation officer, or
● under the supervision of a probation officer and are referred by their probation officer tocomplete programs or obtain services offered at the Centre, e.g., substance abuse, lifeskills, anger management, or
● referred by the Halifax Community Justice Agency to the Halifax Youth AttendanceCentre as part of an extrajudicial sanction agreement.
In addition, [the] young person must:
● have had their case heard in a Youth Justice Court
● be under the supervision of a probation officer in Metro Halifax or subject to anextrajudicial sanction agreement with the Halifax Community Justice Agency
● reside within the Halifax Regional Municipality
● have appropriate living arrangements
● have the support of parent(s), guardian(s) or another individual deemed appropriate byCorrectional Services
● consent to participate
● must comply with the rules of the Halifax Youth Attendance Centre.
Space in the program or service at the Halifax Youth Attendance Centre must exist.