AR 274/93 WILLOW CREEK REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION (no amdt)
ALBERTA REGULATION 274/93
Municipal Government Act
WILLOW CREEK REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION
Table of Contents
1 Commission established
2 Members 3 Services
5 Transfer of grants and property
6 Operating deficits
1 There is hereby established a regional services commission known as the Willow Creek Regional Waste Management Services Commission.
2 The following municipalities shall be members of the Commission:
(a) the Municipal District of Willow Creek No. 26;
(b) the Town of Fort Macleod;
(c) the Town of Claresholm;
(d) the Town of Stavely;
(e) the Town of Granum.
3(1) The Commission shall supply solid waste management services
(a) to all the member municipalities,
(b) to all customers who are, on the effective date of this Regulation, receiving waste management services from the Willow Creek Regional Solid Waste Authority, and
(c) to any additional persons to whom the board of directors of the Commission decides to supply waste management services.
(2) Waste management services shall be supplied to all customers on an as required basis.
4(1) The fees to be charged by the Commission to its customers for the supplying of waste management services shall be based on the annual full cost recovery for supplying the services, including an allowance for the reserve accounts established under subsection (3).
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the cost referred to in subsection (1) includes the debt service cost of debenture repayments.
(3) The Commission may establish and maintain one or more reserve accounts for the works to provide for renewals, alterations, extensions and contingencies in respect to the works and shall credit the reserve accounts and expend, use, apply and appropriate funds from them for the purposes and in the amounts it determines.
(4) The amounts in a reserve account established under subsection (3) may be blended with other reserve accounts established by the Commission.
(5) The total amount to be placed in reserve accounts by the Commission shall be established by the board of directors on an annual basis.
(6) Each member municipality shall receive waste management services from the Commission at the same rate.
(7) Retail waste management rates shall be determined by each of the member municipalities.
(8) The Commission shall establish retail rates for customers other than member municipalities.
Transfer of grants and property
5(1) The member municipalities and the Willow Creek Regional Solid Waste Authority shall execute all documents and do all things necessary to transfer to the Commission all grants they have received from the Province, including interest earned, less any money dispersed for approved assets.
(2) The Commission shall not, without the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council, sell any of the land, buildings or personal property used in connection with the supply of waste management services whose purchase has been funded wholly or partly by provincial grants.
(3) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may give approval under subsection (2) if satisfied
(a) as to the repayment of provincial grants and outstanding debt associated with that portion of the land, buildings and personal property to be sold,
(b) that the sale would not have a significant adverse effect on the supply of waste management services by the Commission, and
(c) that the sale will be properly reflected in the waste management rates subsequently charged to the customers of the Commission.
6 The Commission shall not assume operating deficits with respect to the land, buildings or personal property that are shown on the books of any of the member municipalities or of the Willow Creek Regional Solid Waste Authority.