AR 129/85 ALBERTA CAPITAL REGION WASTEWATER COMMISSION REGULATION (Consolidated up to 189/2006)
ALBERTA REGULATION 129/85
Municipal Government Act
ALBERTA CAPITAL REGION WASTEWATER COMMISSION REGULATION
1 There is hereby established a regional services commission known as the Alberta Capital Regional Wastewater Commission.
AR 129/85 s1;30/2000 2 The following municipalities are members of the Commission:
(a) City of Fort Saskatchewan;
(b) City of Leduc;
(c) City of Spruce Grove;
(d) City of St. Albert;
(e) Leduc County;
(f) Parkland County;
(g) Strathcona County;
(h) Sturgeon County;
(i) Town of Beaumont;
(j) Town of Bon Accord;
(k) Town of Gibbons;
(l) Town of Morinville;
(m) Town of Stony Plain.
AR 129/85 s2;366/85;19/2002
3(1) The Commission shall supply sewage transmission and treatment services
(a) to all municipalities referred to in section 2, and
(b) to any additional persons to whom the board of directors of the Commission from time to time decides to supply sewage transmission and treatment services.
(2) Sewage transmission and treatment services shall be supplied to all customers on an as required basis.
AR 129/85 s3
4(1) The fees to be charged by the Commission to its customers shall be based on the annual full cost recovery for supplying the sewage transmission and treatment service.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the cost referred to in subsection (1) includes the debt service cost of debenture repayments.
(3) Each member municipality shall receive sewage transmission and treatment services from the Commission at the same rate.
(4) Retail sewage rates shall be determined by each of the municipalities that are members of the Commission.
AR 129/85 s4
5(1) The municipalities referred to in section 2 shall execute all documents and do all things necessary to transfer to the Commission all land, buildings and personal property listed in the Schedule.
(2) The Commission shall not sell any of the land, buildings or personal property used in connection with the supply of sewage transmission and treatment services without the approval of the Minister.
(3) The Minister may approve a sale under subsection (2) if the Minister is satisfied
(a) as to the repayment of provincial grants and outstanding debt associated with that portion of the land, buildings and personal property to be sold, and
(b) that the sale would not have a significant adverse effect on the supply of services by the Commission.
AR 129/85 s5;189/2006
6 All titles, easements, and rights of way and crossing and all service, construction and consulting agreements incurred, held or entered into by any of the municipalities referred to in section 2 with respect to the land, buildings and personal property listed in the Schedule are assumed by the Commission, and the Commission shall enter into any agreements, execute any documents and do any other things that are necessary to assume those titles, easements, rights of way and crossing and agreements.
AR 129/85 s6
7 The Commission does not assume deficits or liabilities with respect to the land, buildings or personal property listed in the Schedule.
AR 129/85 s7 Schedule
Assets to be Transferred from Participating Municipalities
The St. Albert Gravity Flow outfall line located approximately as follows:
Commencing on the northwest corner of the SW 1/4‑12‑54‑25‑W4 thence northeasterly to the top of NE 1/4‑12‑54‑25‑W4 thence easterly to approximately the northeast corner SW 1/4‑17‑54‑23‑W4 thence southeast to the northwest corner of the SW 1/4-9‑54‑23‑W4 thence easterly to the southwest corner NW 1/4‑11‑54‑23‑W4.
AR 129/85 Sched.