ONTARIO REGULATION 165/12
made under the
HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT
Made: June 20, 2012
Filed: June 22, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 25, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 7, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 363/04
(SECURITY OF LOADS)
Note: Ontario Regulation 363/04 has not previously been amended.
1. The definition of “National Standard” in subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 363/04 is revoked and the following substituted:
“National Standard” means the National Safety Code Standard 10 entitled “Cargo Securement”, published by the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators and dated September 2010, as amended from time to time and available on the Ministry’s website.
2. Subsections 2 (2) and (3) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) A tiedown or securing device that is marked by its manufacturer shall be deemed to have a working load limit equal to the working load limit determined in accordance with the National Standard.
(3) A tiedown or securing device that is not marked by its manufacturer shall be deemed to have a working load limit equal to zero.
3. Subsection 6 (2) of the Regulation is revoked.
4. Section 7 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Material used for load securement
7. Material used on or in a vehicle as dunnage, chocks or cradles or for blocking or bracing must be strong enough that it will not be split or crushed by the load or the tiedowns.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2012 and the day it is filed.