ontario regulation 176/12
made under the
Homes for Special Care Act
Made: June 20, 2012
Filed: June 25, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 25, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 14, 2012
Amending Reg. 636 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 33 of Regulation 636 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
33. A person with a serious mental illness may be admitted to a home for special care upon his or her application, the application of a guardian of the person duly appointed under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992, the application of a person acting under a valid power of attorney for personal care or the application of a lawfully authorized substitute decision-maker, if, immediately before the admission, the person has been assessed and considered eligible for placement by a member of the staff of an organization with whose board the Minister has entered into an arrangement under section 42.
2. (1) Clauses 43 (1) (a) and (b) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(a) $1,510.80 for each full month the resident receives care and maintenance in the home; and
(b) for the time that does not constitute a full month that the resident receives care and maintenance in the home, $49.67 per day.
(2) Subsections 43 (12) and (14) of the Regulation are revoked.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2012 and the day it is filed.