ONTARIO REGULATION 320/12
made under the
MIDWIFERY ACT, 1991
Made: April 25, 2012
Approved: October 17, 2012
Filed: October 19, 2012
Published on e-Laws: October 22, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 3, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 168/11
Note: Ontario Regulation 168/11 has not previously been amended.
1. Section 8 of Ontario Regulation 168/11 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(1.1) The requirement in paragraph 3 of subsection (1) is not considered to have been met unless the applicant,
(a) successfully completed the qualifying examination within the applicant’s first three attempts; or
(b) successfully completed the qualifying examination on the applicant’s fourth or any subsequent attempt after having first successfully completed the further education or training or combination of education and training, if any, that may have been specified by a panel of the Registration Committee.
2. Subsection 17 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) The following are non-exemptible registration requirements for a transitional certificate of registration:
1. The applicant has not previously held a transitional certificate of registration.
2. The applicant is able to meet all registration requirements for either a general certificate of registration or a supervised practice certificate of registration with the exception that, in either case, the applicant is not able to meet the requirement in paragraph 3 of subsection 8 (1) for the sole reason that the applicant has taken the examination referred to in that paragraph but has not received the results of that examination.
3. Subsection 18 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “subsection 17 (1)” in the portion before clause (a) and substituting “paragraph 2 of subsection 17 (1)”.
4. Clause 19 (4) (b) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(b) provides evidence satisfactory to the Registration Committee that the former member will, immediately upon reinstatement, be in compliance with the condition or conditions he or she had previously not been in compliance with, resulting in the revocation; and
5. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Council of the College of Midwives of Ontario:
Registrar and Chief Executive Officer
Date made: April 25, 2012.