ONTARIO REGULATION 362/13
made under the
LINE FENCES ACT
Made: December 11, 2013
Filed: December 20, 2013
Published on e-Laws: December 20, 2013
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 4, 2014
Amending Reg. 716 of R.R.O. 1990
(LAND IN TERRITORY WITHOUT MUNICIPAL ORGANIZATION)
1. (1) Subsection 6 (1) of Regulation 716 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “an administrative fee of $50” and substituting “an administrative fee required by this section”.
(2) Section 6 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(4) The administrative fee required by this section is,
(a) $300, for the calendar year that begins on January 1, 2014 and ends on December 31, 2014; and
(b) the amount determined in accordance with subsections (5), (6) and (7), on and after January 1, 2015.
(5) On and after January 1, 2015, the administrative fee required under this section in a calendar year is the fee determined on January 1 of the previous calendar year adjusted by the percentage change from year to year in the Consumer Price Index for Ontario (All-Items) as reported monthly by Statistics Canada under the authority of the Statistics Act (Canada), averaged over the 12-month period that ends on September 30 of the previous calendar year.
(6) If an amount of the administrative fee as adjusted under subsection (5) is not a multiple of one dollar, it shall be rounded to the nearest multiple of one dollar or, if the amount is equidistant between two consecutive whole dollar amounts, to the higher dollar amount.
(7) Despite subsection (4), if the percentage change results in a negative amount, the administrative fee for the calendar year shall remain at the same level as for the previous calendar year.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
10. (1) The following forms are prescribed as the required forms for the purposes indicated:
1. Form 1: an award in respect of a dispute under subsection 4 (1).
2. Form 2: a notice of appeal under subsection 6 (1).
3. Form 3: a certification certifying an amount payable by an adjoining owner under subsection 7 (4).
4. Form 4: an agreement apportioning costs under section 9.
(2) The forms prescribed by subsection (1) are the forms dated November, 2013 that are available on the website of the Government of Ontario Central Forms Repository under the listing for the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
3. Forms 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Regulation are revoked.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2014 and the day it is filed.