ONTARIO REGULATION 86/14
made under the
RESPIRATORY THERAPY ACT, 1991
Made: March 3, 2014
Approved: March 26, 2014
Filed: March 28, 2014
Published on e-Laws: March 28, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 12, 2014
Amending O. Reg. 596/94
1. Paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of section 48 of Ontario Regulation 596/94 are revoked and the following substituted:
1. Basic procedures:
i. Arterial, venous and capillary puncture.
ii. Insertion, suturing, aspiration, repositioning, manipulation and removal of an arterial cannula.
iii. Insertion, suturing, aspiration, repositioning, manipulation and removal of a venous cannula.
2. Advanced procedures:
i. Manipulation or repositioning of a cannula balloon.
ii. Chest needle insertion, aspiration, reposition and removal.
iii. Chest tube insertion, aspiration, reposition and removal.
iv. Bronchoscopic tissue sample for the purpose of bronchoalveolar lavage and endobronchial brushing.
v. Intraosseous needle insertion.
vi. Subcutaneous electrode placement for interoperative and perinatal fetal monitoring.
2. Subsections 49 (2) and (3) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) It is a condition of a graduate certificate of registration that a member not perform an advanced procedure.
(3) The following are conditions of a limited certificate of registration:
1. A member shall not perform an advanced procedure.
2. A member shall not perform a basic procedure unless the member is permitted to perform the procedure by the terms and conditions of his or her certificate of registration.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Council of the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario:
Registrar and CEO
Date made: March 3, 2014.