ontario regulation 299/14
made under the
Day Nurseries Act
Made: December 10, 2014
Filed: December 16, 2014
Published on e-Laws: December 17, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 3, 2015
Amending Reg. 262 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Clause 27 (1) (d) of Regulation 262 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “at least once a month” and substituting “in accordance with subsection (1.1)”.
(2) Clause 27 (1) (e) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “at least two years” and substituting “at least 12 months”.
(3) Section 27 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(1.1) For the purposes of clause 27 (1) (d), the following rules apply:
1. A fire drill shall be conducted in respect of every day nursery, except a day nursery described in paragraph 2, at least once a month in accordance with Ontario Regulation 213/07 (Fire Code) made under the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997.
2. A total evacuation fire drill shall be conducted in respect of every day nursery or part of every day nursery that is operated in a school and that provides services only to children who are pupils of a board, including a third party program operated under section 259 of the Education Act, in accordance with Ontario Regulation 213/07 (Fire Code) made under the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997,
i. at least three times during each fall and spring term the school is in operation, and
ii. at least three times or at least once a month, whichever is less, during the summer term the program is in operation.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2015 and the day it is filed.