ontario regulation 143/15
made under the
Government Advertising Act, 2004
Made: June 15, 2015
Filed: June 16, 2015
Published on e-Laws: June 16, 2015
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 4, 2015
Exemption from preliminary review
1. An item to which section 2 of the Act applies is exempt from preliminary review if it is an item other than an advertisement that a government office proposes to pay to have broadcast on television or in a cinema.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), clause 2 (1) (c) of the Act applies with respect to an advertisement consisting of video, text, images or any combination of these that a government office proposes to pay to have displayed on a website, other than a social media website such as Facebook or Twitter.
(2) Clause 2 (1) (c) of the Act does not apply to an advertisement that would be displayed on a website solely as a result of the use by the government office of a search marketing service, such as Google AdWords.
Timing of notices of results
3. (1) In this section,
“business day” means Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
(2) The prescribed number of days within which the Auditor General is required by subsection 7 (1) of the Act to notify the head of a government office of the results of a preliminary review is nine business days.
(3) The prescribed number of days within which the Auditor General is required by subsection 7 (2) of the Act to notify the head of a government office of the results of a final review is five business days.
4. Ontario Regulation 589/05 is revoked.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day subsection 11 (1) of Schedule 14 to the Building Ontario Up Act (Budget Measures), 2015 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.