ontario regulation 387/09
made under the
medical laboratory technology act, 1991
Made: August 28, 2009
Approved: October 7, 2009
Filed: October 8, 2009
Published on e-Laws: October 9, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 24, 2009
Amending O. Reg. 207/94
1. Sections 23 and 24 of Ontario Regulation 207/94 are revoked and the following substituted:
23. (1) The Registrar shall ensure that notice is given in accordance with this Part with respect to each of the following that is required to be open to the public under the Act:
1. A meeting of the Council.
2. A hearing of the Discipline Committee respecting allegations of a member’s professional misconduct or incompetence.
(2) The notice must, where possible, be posted not less than 14 days before the date of the meeting or hearing on the website of the College.
(3) The notice must be published in English and in French.
(4) The notice must include,
(a) the date, time and location of the meeting or hearing;
(b) a statement of the purpose of the meeting or hearing including, in the case of a hearing, the name of the member against whom the allegations have been made and the member’s principal place of practice; and
(c) an address and telephone number at which further information about the meeting or hearing may be obtained.
(5) The Registrar shall give notice of a meeting or hearing that is open to the public to every person who requests it.
(6) No meeting or hearing is invalid simply because a person has not complied with a requirement of this Part.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Council of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario:
Registrar & Executive Director
Date made: August 28, 2009.