The Rent Receipt Ordinance, 1959 (East Pakistan Ordinance)
( 1959 সনের LVII নং আইন )
[15th August, 1959]
An Ordinance to make provision for prevention of issue, possession and use of ante-dated rent-receipt by any person.
WHEREAS it is expedient to make provision for prevention of issue, possession and use of ante-dated rent-receipt by any person;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Presidential Proclamation of the seventh day of October, 1958, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of East Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance, namely:-
1.Short title, extent and commencement
1. (1) This Ordinance may be called the
* * *] Rent-receipt Ordinance, 1959.
(2) It extends to the whole of
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2.Prohibition of issue, possession and use of ante-dated rent-receipt
2. Whoever issues any ante-dated rent-receipt or amalnama or has in his possession any ante-dated rent-receipt or amalnama, knowing or having reason to believe the same to be ante-dated, or uses the same as genuine, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both.