Commonwealth of Australia
Migration Regulations 1994
CLASS OF PERSONS
I, CHRIS BOWEN, Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, acting under subparagraph 1223A(2)(a)(ix) of Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the Migration Regulations 1994 (‘the Regulations’):
1. REVOKE Instrument Number IMMI 10/033 signed on 11 May 2010 specifying classes of persons for the purposes of subparagraph 1223A(2)(a)(ix) of Schedule 1 to the Regulations; AND
2. SPECIFY as a class of persons for the purposes of subparagraph 1223A(2)(a)(ix) of Schedule 1 to the Regulations, each person applying for a subclass 456 (Business (Short Stay)) visa who is a 2015 Asian Cup participant.
For the purpose of this Instrument:
“AFC” means Asian Football Confederation;
“2015 Asian Cup” means the sporting event hosted in Australia to be held in January 2015, including a Preliminary Draw to be held in October 2012 and any other related activities taking place prior to the event; and
“2015 Asian Cup participant” means the following groups who are entering Australia in connection with any 2015 Asian Cup related activities:
· Team delegations;
· AFC organising committee;
· AFC executive committee;
· World Sport Group representatives;
· Asian Cup sponsor representatives; and
· AFC administration staff.
This Instrument number IMMI 12/074, commences the day after registration on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
This Instrument continues until 30 June 2013.
Dated 10 August 2012
Minister for Immigration and Citizenship
[NOTE 1: Subparagraph 1223A(2)(a)(ix) of the Regulations provides that a nil VAC may be prescribed for an applicant who is a member of a class of persons specified in an instrument in writing for the subparagraph.
Regarding the cessation of IMMI 12/074, the Acts Interpretation Act 1901 s36 example 3 provides "(i)f a licence continues until 31 March, the licence is valid up to and including 31 March."]