Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Corporations Act 2001 — Paragraph 951B(1)(c) — Declaration
1. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission makes this instrument under paragraph 951B(1)(c) of the Corporations Act 2001 (the Act).
2. This instrument is ASIC Class Order [CO 12/417].
3. This instrument commences on the day it is registered under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003.
Note: An instrument is registered when it is recorded on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) in electronic form: see Legislative Instruments Act 2003, section 4 (definition of register). The FRLI may be accessed at http://www.frli.gov.au/.
4. Part 7.7 of the Act applies in relation to a financial services licensee and an authorised representative of a financial services licensee as if Division 2 of that Part were modified or varied by omitting section 941E and substituting:
“941E Information must be up to date
(1) Subject to subsection (2), the information in a Financial Services Guide must be up to date as at the time when it is given to the client.
(2) The information in a Financial Services Guide given to a client under subsection 941D(4) may be up to date as at the time the statement referred to in that subsection is given to the client.”.
Dated this 26th day of April 2012
Signed by Stephen Yen PSM
as a delegate of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission