DIRECTION NOT TO ENGAGE IN FISHING
Fisheries Management Act 1991
BASS STRAIT CENTRAL ZONE SCALLOP FISHERY (Closures) DIRECTION No. 2 2013
I, James Findlay, Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority, as delegate under delegation No. 6 of 2013 made on 16th September 2013 from the Commission, make the following Direction under subsection 41A(2) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991.
Dated: 25 October 2013
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Direction may be cited as the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery (Closures) Direction No. 2 2013.
2. This Direction commences on the day after registration on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Direction ceases to have effect as if it was repealed on 31 December 2014 unless earlier revoked.
4. Terms used in this Direction that are defined for the purposes of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002 (the Plan) have the same meanings in this Direction as they have in the Plan.
Notes: 1. Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Direction.
To Whom This Direction Applies
5. This Direction applies to a holder of a fishing concession in the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery and to a person acting on behalf of the holder.
[Note: This means that the Direction does not apply to a person if the person is fishing in the area of the Fishery in accordance with a fishing concession that is subject to another plan of management in force under the Act, under a scientific permit, a permit issued in another fishery, or under a licence issued under a law of a State or Territory.]
Direction Not to Engage in Fishing
6. Fishing is not to be engaged in in the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery.
Revocation of previous Direction
7. This Direction revokes the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery (Closures) Direction No. 1 2013 with effect from the commencement of this Direction.