Social Security (Declared Overseas Terrorist Act) Declaration 2013
Social Security Act 1991
I, TONY ABBOTT, Prime Minister, make this declaration under subsection 35B(1) of the Social Security Act 1991.
Dated 20 September 2013
1 Name of declaration
This declaration is the Social Security (Declared Overseas Terrorist Act) Declaration 2013.
This declaration commences on 21 October 2013.
In this declaration:
Act means the Social Security Act 1991.
terrorist act has the same meaning as in subsection 100.1 of the Criminal Code.
4 Declared overseas terrorist act
For the purposes of subsection 35B(1) of the Act, the following terrorist acts are declared overseas terrorist acts:
(1) the crashing of commercial airliners into the World Trade Center in New York, into the Pentagon building in Washington DC, and near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, in the United States of America on 11 September 2001
(2) the bombings at Paddy’s Bar on Jelan Legian, Kuta, at the Sari Club, Kuta, and in the vicinity of the US Consulate, Renon, Denpasar, in Bali, Indonesia on 12 October 2002
(3) the bus bombing at Tavistock Square and the train bombings in the Circle Line tunnel between Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations, on the Circle Line outside Edgware Road, and in a Piccadilly Line tunnel between King’s Cross and Russell Square in London, United Kingdom on 7 July 2005
(4) the suicide bombings in the vicinity of the Four Seasons Hotel, Jimbaran Beach, Kuta, the Kuta shopping centre, Kuta and the Raja Bar and Restaurant, Kuta, in Bali Indonesia on 1 October 2005
(5) the bombings in the vicinity of the Nelson restaurant, the Aladdin café, and the Ghazala market in Dahab, Egypt on 24 April 2006
(6) small arms assaults in the vicinity of Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus, the Leopold Café, the Taj Hotel, the Oberoi – Trident Hotel, and Nariman House in Mumbai, India on 26 November 2008 – 28 November 2008, and
(7) the suicide bombings in the vicinity of the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels in Jakarta, Indonesia on 17 July 2009.