Telecommunications Numbering Plan Variation 2013 (No. 1)1
Telecommunications Act 1997
The AUSTRALIAN COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA AUTHORITY makes this Variation under section 455 of the Telecommunications Act 1997.
Dated 26 August 2013
Australian Communications and Media Authority
1 Name of Variation
This Variation is the Telecommunications Numbering Plan Variation 2013 (No. 1).
This Variation commences on the day after it is registered.
3 Variation of Telecommunications Numbering Plan 1997
Schedule 1 varies the Telecommunications Numbering Plan 1997.
Schedule 1 Variations
 After section 6.21
6.21A Limit on the allocation of certain special services numbers
(1) In this section, relevant number means a special services number in Part 3 of Schedule 4.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), ACMA must not allocate a relevant number to a carriage service provider if the carriage service provider already holds a relevant number that was allocated on or after the commencement of this section.
(3) ACMA may allocate a relevant number to a carriage service provider despite the carriage service provider already holding a relevant number that was allocated on or after the commencement of this section, if it is satisfied that special circumstances justify the allocation of the relevant number in the particular case.
(4) In instances where:
(a) a carriage service provider has surrendered a relevant number in accordance with Chapter 7; and
(b) that relevant number was allocated to the carriage service provider after the commencement of this section;
that relevant number will not be taken to have been allocated to that carriage service provider for the purpose of subsection (2).
(5) Subsection (2) does not apply to a carriage service provider if, in relation to an industry code registered in the Register of Industry Codes kept under section 136 of the Act:
(a) ACMA declares that the industry code is a replacement code for the purposes of this subsection; and
(b) the replacement code applies to the carriage service provider.
1. All legislative instruments and compilations are registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments kept under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003. See http://www.frli.gov.au