DETERMINATION OF FISHING METHOD
Fisheries Management Act 1991
Small Pelagic Fishery Management Plan 2009
SMALL PELAGIC FISHERY
FISHING METHOD DETERMINATION 2013
The AUSTRALIAN FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY makes the following Determination pursuant to subsection 17(6)(e) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991 under subsection 27(1) of the Small Pelagic Fishery Management Plan 2009.
Dated: 14 March 2013
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Determination may be cited as the Small Pelagic Fishery Fishing Method Determination 2013.
2. This Determination commences on the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Determination ceases as if it were revoked on 1 May 2014 unless earlier revoked.
4. Terms used in this Determination that are defined for the purposes of the Small Pelagic Fishery Management Plan 2009 have the same meanings in this Determination as they have in that Plan.
‘Jigging’ means fishing using a motorised jigging machine.
‘Jigging machine’ means a device consisting of 1 or more jig lines, to which barbless lures or hooks are attached, that are rotated on elliptical spools by an electric motor.
Notes: 1. Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Determination.
To whom this Determination applies
5. This Determination applies to the holder of a statutory fishing right in the Small Pelagic Fishery and to a person acting on behalf of the holder.
Determination of fishing method
6. For the period commencing on 1 May 2013 and ending on 31 March 2014, the fishing method known as jigging may be used by persons fishing the Small Pelagic Fishery.