CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1305091
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1305091.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 37 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, used or second-hand passenger motor vehicles classified under heading 8703 of Schedule 3 are prescribed.
4. The application of item 37 to the goods in paragraph 3 is subject to the condition that an approval under section 17A of the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989 is given:
(a) to the importer by the Minister administering the Motor Vehicle Standards
Act 1989; or
(b) to the importer by an officer of the Department authorised in writing by the Minister to give approvals under that section.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twenty fifth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer