CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1305755
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901, make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1305755.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. Item 35 prescribes parts of vessels, or materials, for use in the construction, modification, or repair of vessels exceeding 150 gross construction tons.
4. For the purposes of item 35 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, the gross construction tonnage of a vessel shall be calculated using the formula:
Where Z is a number equal to the number of cubic metres in the total volume, measured in relation to the moulded lines of the enclosed spaces in the vessel, including
between-deck spaces, water ballast spaces, voids, cofferdams, machinery spaces, erections, superstructures, houses, casings, funnel spaces, mast spaces and, in the case of an aircushion vehicle, the area enclosed by the inflatable skirt under normal inflation.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twenty fifth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer