CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1243557
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1243557.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 10 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, goods that are the subject of an agreement or arrangement between the Government of Australia and the government of another country that requires the goods be allowed entry into Australia free of customs duty are prescribed.
4. The application of item 10 to the goods in paragraph 3 is subject to the following conditions:
(a) the goods must be owned by the government of a country other than Australia at the time of entry for home consumption;
(b) the goods must be for the official use of that government; and
(c) the goods must not be used for the purposes of trade.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twenty fifth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer