CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1303866
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1303866.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 32 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, fabrics classified under headings 5208, 5210 or subheading 5212.2 in Schedule 3 are prescribed.
4. The application of item 32 to the goods in paragraph 3 is subject to the condition that the fabrics:
(a) contain less than 20% by weight of man-made fibres;
(b) contain less than 20% by weight of wool;
(c) have a raised nap on one or both sides; and
(d) when tested on an Instron Tensile Testing Machine or similar apparatus, the fabrics have:
(i) a thickness of 0.60 mm or more when measured at a compression of 5 grams per square centimetre; and
(ii) a thickness, when measured at a compression of 50 grams per square centimetre, of at least 0.15 mm less than the thickness when measured at a compression of 5 grams per square centimetre.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twenty fifth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer