CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1300938
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901, make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1300938.
2. This by-law takes effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of paragraph (d) of item 15 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, goods imported by a member of the forces of Canada or the United Kingdom being goods, as follows, are prescribed:
(a) a motor vehicle owned and used outside Australia by the member of those forces during the period of six months immediately preceding his or her first departure for Australia, provided that the motor vehicle remains in the use, ownership and possession of that member of those forces or, with the permission of the Collector, of another member of those forces during the period of two years immediately after the date of its importation;
(b) a motor vehicle for the personal use of the member of those forces, not being a motor vehicle of a kind described in the preceding paragraph, which is intended to be exported, provided that the vehicle is exported within three years after the date of its importation or within such extended period as may be approved by the Collector.
With the permission of the Collector, a motor vehicle imported under this sub-paragraph may be transferred to another member of those forces provided that it is exported by the latter member of those forces within three years after the date of its importation or within such extended period as may be approved by the Collector.
4. For the purposes of this by-law, "member of the Forces of Canada or the United Kingdom" means a person belonging to the land, sea or air armed services of those countries temporarily serving in Australia under arrangements agreed on by the Government of Australia and the Governments of Canada and the United Kingdom.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twentieth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer