CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1301120
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1301120.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 45 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, goods being original components of a completed machine or equipment to which a single tariff classification applies, are prescribed.
4. The application of item 45 is subject to the following conditions:
(a) the goods were despatched to Australia as a single consignment but due to accidental circumstances were separated for shipment;
(b) the goods are of such a size, shape or weight that transport necessities demand separate shipment; or
(c) the nature of the goods is such that transport necessities demand separate modes of shipment for some components.
5. Paragraph 3 does not apply to the following goods:
(a) replacement parts, components or spares used in modernising or refurbishing existing machinery or equipment;
(b) initial spare parts, maintenance tools and the like that may be supplied as part of an original shipment.
6. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twentieth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer