CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1303865
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1303865.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 32 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, fabrics classified under headings 5208, 5210 or subheading 5212.1 in Schedule 3 are prescribed.
4. The application of item 32 to the goods in paragraph 3 is subject to the following conditions that the fabric:
(a) contains less than 20% by weight of man-made fibres;
(b) contains less than 20% by weight of wool; and
(c) is not used in the making up of bed linen.
5. For the purposes of paragraph 4, “bed linen” includes bed sheeting, pillow cases, bolster cases, continental quilt covers and bed ruffles.
6. For the purposes of paragraph 5, “pillow cases” does not include permanent containers of a kind used solely or principally as pillows only after filling with feathers, kapok, plastic foam or like stuffing materials.
7. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this fourteenth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer