CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1301053
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1301053
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of paragraph (a) of item 25 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, trophies won outside Australia in competition, that are appliances or articles of a kind used in an office or the household, are prescribed.
4. For the purposes of paragraph (b) of item 25 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, decorations, medallions or certificates awarded outside Australia are prescribed.
5. For the purposes of paragraph (c) of item 25 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, trophies or prizes sent by donors resident abroad for presentation in Australia, or for competitions in Australia organised or sponsored otherwise than in connection with commercial ventures, and are of a kind which are suitable for display on:
(a) walls of dwellings or offices; or
(b) stands or similar mounts; or
(c) the person,
6. Paragraphs 3, 4, and 5 do not include goods which are of an advertising nature.
7. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this eleventh day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer