CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1301035
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1301035.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of paragraph (b) of item 23 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff
Act 1995, goods that have been donated or bequeathed to the public or to a public institution are prescribed.
4. The application of item 23 to the goods in paragraph 3 does not apply to the following:
(a) goods that serve similar functions to goods which are produced in Australia;
(b) goods that serve similar functions to goods which are capable of being produced in Australia by any person in the normal course of business;
(c) goods for which substitutable goods are produced in Australia in the ordinary course of business.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this eleventh day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer