Instrument number CASA 289/14
I, IAN EDMUND OGILVIE, Acting Manager, Flying Standards Branch, Operations Division, a delegate of CASA, make this instrument under subregulation 61.040 (2) of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR 1998).
Flying Standards Branch
19 December 2014
Approval — for Approved Training Pilot approval holders under CAO 29.10 to conduct flight tests for a low-level rating, low-level endorsement and mustering endorsement
(a) commences on the day of registration; and
(b) expires at the end of August 2017, as if it had been repealed by another instrument.
Approved Training Pilot means a person approved under paragraph 12 of Civil Aviation Order 29.10 (CAO 29.10), as in force at the time of approval.
approved person means a person approved by this instrument.
instructor rating proficiency check means a check as described in Appendix 5 of Schedule 6 of the CASR 1998 Part 61 Manual of Standards.
Note CAO 29.10 has been amended and no longer has reference to Approved Training Pilots.
This instrument applies to a person referred to in Schedule 1.
(1) Under regulation 61.040 of CASR 1998, I approve a person (the approved person), who holds an approval mentioned in paragraph (a) or (b) of Schedule 1:
(a) in the case of an approval mentioned in paragraph (a) of Schedule 1:
(i) for subregulation 61.245 (3) of CASR 1998, to conduct a flight test for a low-level rating, aeroplane low-level endorsement and an aerial mustering – aeroplane endorsement; and
(ii) for subregulation 61.150 (7) of CASR 1998, to grant a low-level rating, aeroplane low-level endorsement and an aerial mustering – aeroplane endorsement; or
(b) in the case of an approval mentioned in paragraph (b) of Schedule 1:
(i) for subregulation 61.245 (3) of CASR 1998, to conduct a flight test for a low-level rating, helicopter low-level endorsement and an aerial mustering – helicopter endorsement; and
(ii) for subregulation 61.150 (7) of CASR 1998, to grant a low-level rating, helicopter low-level endorsement and an aerial mustering – helicopter endorsement.
(2) The approval under subsection (1) is subject to the conditions mentioned in section 5.
(1) An approved person must register with the CASA Flight Test Notification System (FTNS) and must use the FTNS as the method of flight test notification.
(2) Before FTNS registration, the approved person must provide evidence to CASA Flying Standards Branch of holding a current approval as an Approved Training Pilot.
(3) An approved person must register for, and successfully complete, the CASA Aviation Worx On-line Bridging Professional Development Program before first exercising his or her power under the approval.
(4) An approved person must comply with the limitations and obligations of the holder of a flight examiner rating under Subpart 61.U of the CASR 1998.
(5) When conducting a flight test, an approved person must comply with the requirements of, and take into account the recommendations in, the Flight Examiner’s Handbook as in force and published on the CASA website at the time of the flight test.
(6) An approved person must successfully complete a course of training conducted by CASA as described in paragraphs 61.1290 (2) (a) and 61.1320 (2) (a) of CASR 1998, not later than 18 months after the date of commencement of this instrument.
(7) An approved person may continue to exercise his or her powers in accordance with section 4 up to the expiry of this instrument, after his or her approval, as an approved training pilot, as referred to in Schedule 1, stops having effect, subject to successfully completing an instructor rating proficiency check which includes a test of competency of the relevant category low‑level training endorsement.
Schedule 1 Application of approval
This approval applies to a person who:
(a) holds an approval issued by CASA, to act as an Approved Training Pilot as previously described in subsection 12 of CAO 29.10 in an aeroplane; or
(b) holds an approval issued by CASA, to act as an Approved Training Pilot as previously described in subsection 12 of CAO 29.10 in a helicopter.